- This event has passed.
IGNITE Black Business Summit
March 19, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pmFree – $20
About this Event
Owning a business can bring wealth into the African-American community and create opportunities. However, owning your own business can be challenging and the Covid-19 pandemic is only creating more stress. Therefore, the Ignite Black Business Summit aims to provide expertise on certain topics that will help current and future business owners and also promote Black-Owned Businesses within the Twin Cities. The event co-hosted by the Twin Cities Chapter of the National BlackMBA Association and the Minnesota Black Chamber of Commerce.
During this virtual entrepreneurial summit, we will have a marketplace showcasing Black-Owned Businesses along with a variety of guest speakers. The first section of speakers will ignite interest in entrepreneurship among African Americans. In addition, the summit will aim to encourage and elevate established business owners by bringing awareness of the support available to help them develop their business. Topics include learning how to market their ideas, financial wealth management and budgeting, learning how to pitch your ideas to angel investors, and the legal advice around trademarks- just to name a few.
Session Topics Include:
- Starting your own business: Things every entrepreneur needs to know
- Igniting your passion (Stories to motivate you to start)
- Maintaining your businesses financial growth: Talking about small business loans
- Letting the world know about your business: Marketing 101
- Stories from Black-Owned Healthcare businesses and consultants
- Pitch that idea to angel investors
- Creating your own legacy of wealth
- All the legal details you need to know to secure your business
- Managing supply chain and operations in uncertain times
- Plus, highlights of a current Black-Owned Business that is thriving